Monday, September 8, 2014

August 18th

I have left Wales :( and am very sad to leave that place.  I will miss it dearly. But I'm back in England.

The area I'm in is a place called Sheldon, but we cover the south area which is Acock's Green. It's  a bike, bus and walk area. It's the HOOD with lots of different races.  I'm exicited to be able talk to people and be able to understand them without a huge valley accent, but now I have the Birmingham accent. If you wanna hear it it's on youtube.
My new Companion is Elder Velsaco.  He is 23 and from the Philippines. He has about 8 months left in the mission. He is so funny.  I have a hard time understanding him because english is his second language.  He loves the UK and the USA and he is always positive which is great. Elder Nowak my Polish companion back in Bridgend taught me what it's like to always be happy. It's something I learned from him and hope to apply it to the rest of my life. And having elder Velsaco helps me continue to do that.

We have one investigator right now who shows promise. a few other leads that might turn out good.

Here are some photos of me leaving Wales and getting Elder Velsaco. I'm excited for this new chance to learn and grow and I have finally made it into Birmingham!
(Photos are not working for some reason... we aren't able to actually see them.)
Love Elder Doty

 

No comments:

Post a Comment