Monday, April 7, 2014

March 10th - I Asked For More and They Gave Me Moore!


I have been sent away to Wales!! I'm in a new area called Bridgend with Elder Moore. Elder Moore has been out just 6 weeks longer than me. So i'ts nice to have someone who knows what they are doing...well kinda, we both don't really know what we are doing but we are getting along great!

Bridgend is awesome and I love it here. The ward is SO nice. People just came up to us and gave us food and we have a dinner almost every night. It's so nice and we have a lot of less actives that are trying to come back and we have investigators. On Sunday a 11 year old boy of one of the less actives came to church. He went to high priests and our ward mission leader was in there and told us this long story.  To sum it up the 11 year old boy's name is Jay and he wants to become a member of the church and be baptized!  So we plan to work with him this week.

Tuesday was such a sad day. I said goodbye to my good friend elder Taylor (Caleb) and he took off to go home. His mission is over I got to spend a lot of time with him the last 6 weeks and I'm very sad to see him go. He does plan on coming back to see the Goddards be sealed as a family on march 22nd.

So Wales... it has a lot of hills and I don't really understand the people at all. They say the hint is the just focus really hard on what they are saying and you will then understand them... wish it was that easy but some people on the street I have no idea what they are even saying. Most people don't speak Welsh, just English but their accent is really hard to understand. There are loads of castles here as well so I get to see a lot of old stuff. Also we are along the coast so you know what that means... I get to see the ocean. I was able to grab fish and chips along the coastline.  

Hope you all are doing well. miss you all so much!!


No comments:

Post a Comment