Thursday, October 3, 2013

End of September


Crazy to say it’s almost October. It has gone by so fast. It’s weird to say but I only have a year left in the mission.  Because of the visa we only serve 23 month missions. So end of October 2014 I will be headed home. It has gone by way too fast.
Elder Bills and I have been just GQing like crazy. We have been stopping everyone left and right and trying to give them cards, books, leaflets, anything.  English people are very rude. I was told to f-off 2 or 3 times this week.  All I did was ask him if he was doing alright and how his day was. Fun part of the week was I got to bash with a JW (Jehovah’s Witness) and I ripped him apart. I know they tell us not to bash but he made a cheap shot at Mormons and so I tore him apart. He said a church shouldn't be centered on Jesus. I then explained to him about the fall of Adam and Eve and because of that we are forever damned unless something can lift us from that. This something has to be an atonement which Jesus Christ did. The man just said nothing and asked for a leaflet and then left. Never got a call or anything. Elder Bills said that was the coolest thing ever. He has never bashed before and now he really wants to bash with someone... oops.
But besides that we have been talking to a lot of people.  The ward has been feeding us well. How can I lose weight when they keep feeding me?  But today we are going to a member’s place and they have a gym so that's going to be sweet. I'm pumped for general conference.  I'm calling it right now… a temple in Scotland or England (Birmingham) - just wait and see.  The prophet  and I are buds. Last night we went to this family home evening at a member’s house and I must have eaten something that was bad for me because now I'm way sick.  We had to cancel a few things today which sucks.  But 1st time in 10 months I have been sick, so I would say that's pretty good.
 
well miss you all and love you all. – Elder Doty
 

No comments:

Post a Comment