Wednesday, January 23, 2013

January 14th Letter

"On Monday we had P-day so nothing really too cool there. On Tuesday we had exchanges.  I stayed in Evesham on my own and nothing went as planned. We had plans to meet with Angie and to help out at at a member's house who passed away a few weeks ago and nothing went as we planned it. I was very upset but the elder I was with told me "our plans didn't work out the way WE wanted them too but God has something else planned for us to do." I didn't really know where to go or what to do so we prayed and we went to a investigator's house and talked with him for a bit which is something he really needed because we had been out of touch for a few weeks so that was really good. We then did some tracting by the spirit and found 3 people who want us to stop by some other time.

 Wednesday we exchanged back for about an hour then I went on exchanges with the zone leaders to Cheltenham. We just kinda did some stuff he needed to do and reached a few people.  It was all around pretty good. He helped me get better at making small talk with people on the street which is something I really need help with.

Thursday elder dalton and i finally got back to evesham. and we had a day to work. we went around looking for people and didnt have much success. but we did go home teaching with a member who visited alot of less actives so that was the high light of the day.

Friday was freaking nuts. We had a flat check and we passed.  No problem there because elder dalton and I are the best. We then had to go to the mission home for a "new missionary meeting".  Not going to lie that was a big waste of time. We did get pizza which is always great. We did get to hear president bear his testimony which was very powerful. He is such a loving and caring man. He told me that day he had gotten up at 4 and had nothing to it. It was 6 pm when he told me that. SO crazy!! I could never do that. So I guess president had been telling everyone, and I mean everyone, that my 1st door  I ever knocked on I got into and she is getting baptized.  I think he may have gotten his story mixed up. But like everyone in the mission comes up to me and says, "You elder Doty?  Your first door you knocked on that lady is getting baptized?" I'm like uhhh no.  Elder Dalton just told me to go with the flow and just say yes. He wants me to go AP (assistant to the president) so he tells everyone that I'm the best missionary in the world. Which is not true at all. Also I got to ride shotgun in the presidents car. Pretty cool huh. It was for like 5 mins to the train station...but still we later went train hopping to get back to Evesham by like 9:45.

Saturday we went to the Wildings and did some help around their house. Is was really just moving dirt around. We owe them some help because we went over there for Christmas. After we finished they had elder Dalton cut open some duck because he knows how to do that because he is a red neck from southern Utah. So he does stuff like that all the time. We later that day got ahold of an investigator and recommitted him to read and pray. See how that turns out

Sunday we had 4 investigators come to church. Angie came for all 3 hours. Our plan this week is to get her on a date to be baptized. hope that works out. Her ex husband came for the sacrament he then left right after so we couldn't talk to him. But we will find him don't worry."

No comments:

Post a Comment