Monday, May 20, 2013

Transfer!


Hello family and friends big news, I have moved areas. Goodbye Evesham hello Coventry C. We have 5 teams of missionarys in Coventry. 1 set of sisters, 1 set of zone leaders and 3 set of elders. The Ward here is great - lots of people and they feed us almost every night. I'm with an american Elder named Elder Durrant.  He is pretty chill. Also I live in the hood. Place is stoney staton which is the hood. I love it!! So many different colored people: black, white, brown, yellow, pink, you name it and we got it here. I love it.  I just love talking to them because it's always new people which in Evesham it was always the same people over and over. So no more knocking doors it's all about the talking to people on the street.

Monday we went up to Stratford upon Avon which is the birth place of William Shakespeare. That was alot of fun.  I got some pictures but don't know if I have time to send them this week. I finally got an appointment set up with a cute looking girl and I was very happy about that but later that night I got the call to move.

Tuesday we had zone meeting. Just a waste of time that was. I said my goodbyes to a few people in the Evesham branch and then packed. I have way too much stuff.

Wednesday it was all travel. After about 6 or 7 hours of travel I made it to Coventry. I fell in love right away. Back in the big city. My area in Coventry is the hood but I love it. I can't wait to get more work here with the people.

Thursday we did service for this CRAZY lady in the ward. She wanted us to move a bunch of dirt. It took most of the day and she was just like yelling at us. She did feed us a load of food which was nice. Then went to another dinner. The cool part is in Coventry with 10 missionaries we get to do things with them so Dinner is always with another team and service and all kinds of stuff.  It's very nice to see other elders.

Friday we did alot of planning, then had a lesson, more planning and then dinner.  It was alot of riding around. My legs are still sore from that.

Saturday we did alot of finding which gets old after like 3 hours.

Sunday was church with lots of people.  It was cool to meet some of them. And had two dinners with another crazy lady.  She's awesome, She is going to tell me my future!! I'm pumped about that.

 Well all in all it was been a long week. Feeling sad to leave Evesham but pumped about Coventry. Thanks for all the emails and letters.
Love Elder Doty

No comments:

Post a Comment