Monday, December 9, 2013

December 3rd


So my week didn’t really go as planned.  Up to Friday everything was going well.  Then Friday, Saturday and Sunday all went downhill. Donna was doing great.  We helped her out a lot and gave her a blessing.  Then Friday we go over and her son says she is seeing the doctor.  So Saturday I phone her twice but don’t get anything.  Sunday comes and she doesn’t come to church.  I go by her place twice and phone...nothing.  So Monday during zone P-day (which was a lot of fun because I was able to play basketball) I phone and get her daughter who says Donna is in the hospital and will be in for a few weeks. I don’ know what for or what hospital. So I sent her member friend to kinda go figure it out. I still don’t know a lot about what happened but I’m pretty upset about it.
 
It still doesn’t help that my companion won’t stop anyone and I have tried to help him out but I’m about to give up.  I’m praying I get moved out of Boston, or at least get a change of companion. The transfer ends in 8 days and the call to get moved come out in 6 days. So I just gotta hold on for that last little bit. But besides that a lot of the plans we had to find this person and do that didn’t really happen due to just bad luck.

The highlight was I stopped this lady from taking her names of the records of the church. It was a lost sheep.  I met with her and she wanted to have her name removed. I then had a chat with her about what would happen if she did.  I made small chat with her and walked away with her names still on the records of the church.  I don’t really know what I said but it worked!!  So I was happy about that.  That was maybe the only thing that went well this week.

 Hoping for a better week this week.  Love you all and miss you guys loads!!
 Love Elder Doty

No comments:

Post a Comment