Thursday, November 22, 2012

Arriving at the MTC

David left for the airport at 4:15 am Wednesday morning (November 21st, 2012).  His flight plans were to fly to Salt Lake City where he would meet up with some other Elders, fly to Chicago and then on to Manchester, England where the MTC is.

First thing this morning we had an e-mail from David: 

"I am safe in England. I found my flights and some members did help me along the way but I made it safely. I really don't wanna make that flight ever again. It's kinda hard to understand some of the people here. They have a very strong accent. So I'm here in the MTC. There are only 8 of us in the MTC. The smallest amount President Walker has ever had before. There is an Elder here from Fiji. So crazy. The other elder is from utah. The others have not made it to England yet. P-days are Tuesday so you will hear more from me then."

He then mentions that we'll be getting a link to a site with some picture of the missionaries at the MTC. A few hours later that showed up in my e-mail box. What a great surprise!!





We don't know yet if he will be at the MTC for 2 or 3 weeks.  But if you would like to write to him there the address is:

Elder David Joseph Doty
England Birmingham Mission
England Missionary Training Center
Temple Way
Chorley
Lancashire
England PR6 7EQ

1 comment:

  1. Is your grandfather Dr. Doty head of the mission medical department?

    ReplyDelete